This opinion poll has been designed to assess the current levels of awareness among the general public about EU support in the Southern Neighbourhood countries, as well as public attitudes towards, and perceptions of the EU in the region.
The study has been conducted between May and June 2016 and particular attention has been paid to the differences between the Maghreb and Mashrek groups of countries.
The survey specifically covers:
- Perceptions of, and attitudes towards the EU;
- Level of information about the EU;
- Awareness of financial support provided by the EU, and the main areas of cooperation with the EU;
- Use of mainstream and Internet-based media, and the EU’s media profile;
- The general mood of respondents in Southern Neighbourhood countries, including their views on current and future economic, employment and general life situations.
The regional and country factsheets can be downloaded in English below: