The EU Neighbours portal is part of the OPEN Neighbourhood Programme. The Programme was launched in November 2015 for a period of four years and builds upon the previous Regional Communication Programme, including the EU Neighbourhood Info Centre.
The OPEN Neighbourhood Programme seeks to raise awareness, increase knowledge and understanding of the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP). The objective of the European Neighbourhood Policy is to support reforms and democratic consolidation, and promote prosperity, stability and security in Europe's neighbouring countries.
OPEN Neighbourhood is structured around three complementary projects:
- Two mirror projects communicating the results of EU support in the Southern Neighbourhood (EU Neighbours South) and in the Eastern Partnership countries (EU Neighbours East)
- A project for the whole Neighbourhood focusing on the training of journalists and media specialists (MEDIA HUB)
The contracts for the three projects of the OPEN Neighbourhood programme are implemented by consortia led by STANTEC (for EU Neighbours South), Ecorys UK (for EU Neighbours East) and the Thomson Foundation (for the MEDIA HUB).
The Programme is funded by the European Union.
EU Neighbours South: Communicating for a stronger partnership - connecting with citizens across the Southern Neighbourhood
- Team Leader and OPEN Neighbourhood Coordinator: Jerry Vandevelde
- Campaign Coordinator: Dalila Achour-Limam
- Information and Communication Manager: Rym Benarous
- Social Media Expert: Nidhal Battikh
EU Neighbours East: Communicating for a stronger partnership - connecting with citizens across the Eastern Neighbourhood
- Team Leader and Campaign Coordinator: Silvia Grant
- Information and Communication Manager: Oksana Polyuga
- Social Media Expert: Vera Djemelinskaia
To contact the team members:
for EAST - firstname.lastname@example.org
for SOUTH - email@example.com