The EU-funded project SwitchMed launched a new publication focusing on the different strategies to help achieve a transition to circular economy in the south Mediterranean textile and fashion industry. This publication enables a comprehensive analysis of the replicability of the different business models presented in the document.
The “Circular business opportunities in the south Mediterranean: how can businesses lead the way to sustainable fashion?” publication describes five different strategies that would help achieve that transition in the textile industry, namely:
- Prevent pollution and save resources
- Recover resources after disposal
- Extend resource use and reduce disposal during the use and maintenance phases
- Increase resource utilization rate
- Shift to circular supplies and renewable resources