The aim of the program is to improve financial inclusion for MSMEs in SEMED region in a sustainable manner through indirect financing (loans and equity investment facilities), transfer of market know how (capacity building to local PFIs (participating local institutions) and MSMEs), and policy dialogue in order to actively support the development of MSMEs financing policies.
South Neighbourhood countries covered : Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia.
- Improve access to finance through specific loan and equity investment facilities;
- Provide capacity building to local PFIs to help MSMEs develop capacities required to achieve sustainability;
- Assess and transfer know-how to MSMEs to help their business grow;
- Actively encourage support of tailored MSMEs finance policies.
Actions in brief
- Grant funding to 3000 MSMEs;
- Specific finance resourcing to women led businesses;
- Technical assistance provision to PFIs;
- Organization of awareness raising events on know-how transfer;
- Policy dialogue projects aiming at improvement of relevant, regulatory and institutional frameworks.
Implementing partner: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)Print pdf