MeHSIP is a programme providing direct technical advice and support to promoters for the preparation of investment projects in the Southern Mediterranean Countries.
Countries covered: Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia.
The objectives of the programme are the following:
- Promote adequate and sound water, wastewater, and solid waste and industrial emissions management in the Southern Mediterranean Region.
- Reduce risk and enhance the quality of people’s lives by improving access to safe drinking water and sanitation services as well as through sound solid waste management.
- Contribute to achieving the UfM «Horizon 2020 for a cleaner Mediterranean Sea» objectives on prevention and reduction of the pollution of the Mediterranean Sea.
Actions in brief
The project is to provide Technical Assistance for the preparation of investment projects in the following sectors:
- Natural resources efficiency,
- Pollution reduction,
- Climate actions (adaptation and mitigation),
To do so, the project did the following actions:
- Identify potential projects in dialogue with national authorities,
- Pre-screen the project based on agreed criteria,
- Pre-assessed and support the scoping studies,
- Organised the feasibility studies,
- Assisted in the beginning of the projects implementation.