A platform for energy policy dialogue and exchange of experiences, leading to enhanced Euro-Med cooperation, integration of the energy markets and improved security and sustainability
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Syria*, Tunisia, Turkey
Actions in brief
- Organises country visits to get updated information on the energy situation and related needs.
- Offers demand-driven support to Partner Countries, based on their needs.
- Assists in policy formulation, policy advice, counselling and other types of technical assistance.
- Holds roundtables, seminars and brain storming sessions.
- Disseminates information on best practices and technologies, for example on the need to slow down growth of electricity consumption, particularly from air-conditioning installations, and encouraging insulation, natural ventilation, bio-climatic design and solar thermal energy.
- Creates a website with information, such as energy technology developments.