Leaning mainly on EuroMeSCo, a Euro-Mediterranean network of think tanks, the project contributes to inclusive and evidence-based policy making, by fostering research and recommendations in relation with European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) South priorities, and in particular on economic development, migration and security.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia.
- Enhancing tailor-made research and evidence-based policymaking.
- Raising awareness and stimulating multi-stakeholders cooperation on European Neighbourhood Policy South priorities.
- Boosting the capacities of researchers and think tankers.
- Fostering youth’s and women’s participation in the Euro-Mediterranean research and experts’ community.
Actions in brief
- The flagship dialogue event is the Annual Conference, which gathers experts, practitioners and policymakers from all over the region.
- Two events take place back-to-back with it in order to enhance multi-stakeholders cooperation: the Business and Civil Society Platforms.
- The project also foresees the set up of a Young Researchers’ Scheme to increase the participation of young experts in the network’s activities.
- As well as a training sessions programme and capacity-building activities for the members of the network and participants to the Annual Conference.
- Finally, the Euromed Survey provides the project with first-hand data on research and policy priorities by gathering the inputs of hundreds of experts, practitioners and policymakers from all over the region on an annual basis.
- A series of Debates aimed at policymakers and the wider public take place every year in order to disseminate the results of the annual research programme.
These events are coupled with an online outreach effort involving interviews, audio-visual materials and infographics, as well as regular updates through the project’s website, newsletter and social media.Print pdf