The EuroMed Transport Support Project (EuroMed TSP), to be implemented from 2017 to 2020, is an EU-funded project building on the results achieved in the course of the past five years (2012-2016) by its predecessor, the EuroMed Road, Rail and Urban Transport Project (Euromed RRU). Aimed at contributing in the creation of an integrated transport system in the Mediterranean, this demand-driven initiative will provide Technical Assistance (TA) to EuroMed Partner countries in support of the implementation of the Southern Mediterranean Regional Transport Action Plan (RTAP) 2014-2020.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
The Project is pursuing the following key objectives:
- Support the Southern Mediterranean Partner Countries in the implementation of the regulatory aspects of the Regional Transport Action Plan 2014-2020 specifically in the field of road and urban transport;
- Contribute to the creation of an integrated transport system in the Mediterranean.
Actions in brief
The project will:
- Further encourage the accession to and support the implementation of relevant United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) agreements with a view to promote harmonized transport regulations in the region;
- Assist the creation and operation of urban transport authorities and support the roll-out of efficient and innovative fleet management solutions, in line with the EU Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) guidelines;
- Upon request of partner countries, help them progress on specific regulatory reform actions of the RTAP not covered by any other EuroMed TA project;
- Identify specific priorities and objectives, which are relevant to the country’s circumstances;
- Create awareness around its activities among relevant stakeholders in partner countries and in Europe.
Implementing partners: Suez, IDOM, Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.Print pdf