The purpose of this project is to improve the operations and the efficiency of the Mediterranean transport system by concentrating its efforts on regulatory reforms, training, and dialogue with the decision makers.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, and Tunisia.
The main project’s objective is to support the implementation of the Regional Transport Action Plan 2014-2020 actions related to rail transport, by
- promoting convergence with EU and international standards,
- facilitating interoperability, and
- increasing beneficiaries’ participation in the activities of ERA.
Actions in brief
- Creation of network of railway experts;
- Enhanced knowledge on EU and international railway legislation and standards (e.g. by capacity building, training of trainers, approximation with EU railway legislation);
- Adoption and implementation of:
- Safety Management Systems (SMS),
- Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSIs),
- European Railways Traffic Management System (ERTMS),
to the feasible possible extent.
Implementing partner: European Rail Agency.Print pdf