EUROMED Migration V (2020-2023) is a programme funded by the European Union and implemented by the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD). It supports EU Member States and the European Neighbourhood Instrument Southern Partner Countries (ENI SPCs) in establishing a comprehensive, constructive and operational dialogue and co-operation framework on migration, with a particular focus on reinforcing instruments and capacities to develop and implement evidence-based migration policies.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia
To foster rights-based migration governance-systems in the region.
- To improve cooperation between relevant stakeholders in the field of migration governance at local/ national/ regional/ international level.
- To improve migration related knowledge and data management in the field of governance.
- To foster a realistic and fair narrative on migration promoting mutual dialogue, and mutual understanding.
Actions in brief
Component 1: Dialogue and Cooperation
- Organisation of EU Delegations and EUROMED migration NFPs’ consultations to identify mainstreaming and emerging priorities within the themes of the Global Approach to Migration and Mobility (GAMM), including Migration Governance.
- Organisation of restricted workshops to address specific issues at technical level aimed at informing Peer to Peer (P2P) events or discussing new approaches and experiences on the development of migration governance systems/processes.
- Organisation of P2P Events to foster dialogue and cooperation on commonly identified priorities.
- Further development of the EMM3 and 4 Dialogue Monitoring Tool to analyse dialogue thematic trends.
Component 2: Knowledge development and management
- Provision of knowledge support upon demand for SPC national administrations.
- Provision of training modules for young professionals on migration governance.
- Gathering relevant content and maintenance of imap platform.
Component 3: Communications and Narrative on migration
- Organisation of trainings for public communicators in the Euro-Mediterranean region to implement guidelines on strategic communication on migration.
- Organisation of workshops for public communicators in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Development of theoretical framework and methodology to understand public attitudes on migration in the Euro-Mediterranean region and cross-reference the analysis through a multidisciplinary approach with perceptions, behavioural studies and practices on communication on migration.
- Further development of database of good practices on communications on migration.
- Organisation of annual visibility events and development of related material to enhance and raise awareness on the importance of a balanced narrative on migration.