The action seeks to enhance border security in the Southern Neighbourhood (SN), by fostering bilateral and regional co-operation.
The project will contribute to building trust, understanding, structured partnerships, and exchange of experiences/practices between Southern Neighbourhood countries and Frontex in the broader Integrated Border Management (IBM) domain. At the same time, it will provide tangible country-specific support to the national capacity building efforts based on needs identified by the partner countries.
Countries covered: Southern Neighbourhood Countries
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to enhancing border security in the Southern Neighbourhood, through bilateral and regional co-operation, while facilitating bona fide travel.
The specific objectives of the project:
- to familiarise the countries of the Southern Neighbourhood region with the mandate and work of Frontex;
- to provide comprehensive capacity building for selected target groups (national authorities responsible for border management);
- to increase the capacity of the Southern Neighbourhood countries to undertake risk, strategic and operational analysis with a view of strengthening border security in the region;
- to support inter-regional information sharing, utilizing tools provided by Frontex.
Actions in brief
EU4BorderSecurity is structured in five work streams with corresponding specific objectives (outcomes) and expected results (outputs), which represent the major elements of Integrated Border Management and Frontex areas of work:
1. IBM Outreach and Network
3. Risk Analysis
4. Situation Monitoring and Information Management
5. Operational Border and Coast guardingPrint pdf