The European Green Deal is the European Union’s new contribution to climate action. It aims for growth based on resource-efficient and sustainable economies, striving for a just transition towards climate neutrality by 2050. It guides not only EU internal policies, but also EU external cooperation. To achieve this, the European Union’s Neighbourhood, Development and International Cooperation Instrument (NDICI) aims to spend 25 % of its 2021-27 budget on initiatives supporting climate action.
The European Training Foundation is seeking to showcase examples of tried and tested methods as well as innovative approaches to skills development supporting the green transition.
Who can apply?
The ETF is inviting anyone with an interesting story to tell to share it.
The ETF is looking, for example, for:
- Success stories from enterprises in introducing new “green” technologies and production processes and developing the skills of their staff to apply them;
- Success stories from training providers equiping teachers and trainers with up-to-date knowledge on environmental issues and green technologies;
- Success stories from industries and sectors in introducing training standards or training courses developing green skills for the industry;
- Success stories from public and private institutions in developing environmental awareness programmes, in coordination between different ministries and public bodies;
- Success stories from public employment services in matching jobs with training provision and raising awareness about green business opportunities;
- Success stories from schools that become greener;
- Success stories about public-private partnerships that work for green development.
What is in it for you?
- Successful finalists will receive an award for the Development of Skills for the Green Transition;
- The top stories will be showcased at a major international conference in June 2021 and in ETF publications and communications;
- The most interesting stories will be picked to feature in ETF short films. Some of these will be shown at the ETF conference in 2021 and promoted on ETF social media channels.