The European Union Delegation to Lebanon offers a post of Regional Press and Information Officer (Strategic Communications). Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Regional Press and Information Officer (Strategic Communications) – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will:
- Analyse the trends and developments in the regional information environment and provide recommendations for improving the understanding of the EU's values, policies and projects based on fact-based information and proactive communication;
- Establish and maintain a network of key information environment experts in the region, who could support the EU Delegation in its monitoring and awareness raising activities;
- Design, implement and coordinate campaigns, outreach events and communication projects on specific issues and priorities, including with a goal to address disinformation targeting the EU and its policy and/or activities in the region;
- Closely cooperate with the EEAS Strategic Communications Task Forces;
- Perform other tasks as designated by the Head of Section, according to the needs of the Delegation;
- Replace the other Press and Information Officers in their absence.