The global objective of this call for proposals is:
The overall objective of the Youth and Culture programme is to promote youth and culture as vectors of democratisation, inclusive economic growth, regional integration and resilience in ENP South countries.
Component 1 Objective 1: To promote the active participation of young people in building inclusive and democratic societies.
Component 2 Objective 2: To enhance the role of culture as a vector for employment and resilience in the Southern Neighbourhood.
Providing financial support to third parties across the region for specific activities described below will be an important tool in achieving this objective.
Note that youth is defined for this call as the age group between 18-30 years of age.
The specific objective(s) of this call for proposals is/are:
Under the Component 1 “Youth” Objective 1:
- Specific objective 1: supporting the effective development of regional youth networks and their inter-action with policy-makers while contributing to regional dialogue thus supporting resilience and promoting stability.
- Specific objective 2: developing the unique ability of youth to engage in regional dialogue and transform the Sustainable Development Agenda into concrete innovative action that supports the sustainable use of natural resources and promotes climate change mitigation and adaptation in the region;
- Specific objective 3: engaging youth and regional institutions in protecting and safeguarding their tangible and intangible cultural heritage and promoting cultural diversity as a vital element of preventing violent extremism.
Under the Component 2 “Culture” Objective 2:
- Specific objective 1: Promote a more democratic access to culture, targeting, in particular, remote areas and least-favoured segments of the population.
- Specific objective 2: Promote culture as a vector for employment and employability.
- Specific objective 3: Promote culture as a vector of social cohesion, democratisation, and tolerance, promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue for peaceful inter-community relations.