The EU Delegation to The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is seeking to recruit a Press and Information Officer. The successful candidate will serve as support staff to the following tasks and responsibilities under the supervision and responsibility of the head of Political, Press and Information Section:
1. Information and Documentation Management
- Prepare morning briefs, daily press reviews and other media analysis.
- Establish and maintain close working relations with Jordanian and international media and coordinate with press officers from embassies and other Jordanian private and public bodies.
- Finalise declarations and press releases (English and Arabic) for the Head of Delegation and on the basis of proposals from operational sections.
- Participate in the preparation and ensure implementation of the Delegation's communication strategy and the visibility plan and support Commission's development communication's strategy.
- Prepare regular information to the media on the activities of the European Commission and the EU Delegation to Jordan. Participate to visibility events and organised press conferences and prepare interviews and editorials for the Head of Delegation in cooperation with other sections.
- Manage the EU in Jordan Website and Social Media platforms + promotional material.
2. External Relations: Political Analysis
- Assist on Ad hoc basis in political reporting.
- Contribute to communicate HQ campaigns.
3. External Relations: Programme Management
- Liaison Officer for the EU Visitor Programme.
- Manage the Press and Information budget and projects: budget forecast, budget follow up, reporting, call for tenders, contracts.
- Support operation sections when needed to ensure that projects implement visibility guidelines.
- Liaise with communication consultant, opinion maker. Influencer, journalist, analysts.