The EU Delegation to The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is seeking to recruit an International Aid / Cooperation Officer – primarily in the field of support to civil society in the framework of the EU-Jordan Association Agreement, but also on gender.
Job Location: Delegation of the European Union in Amman - Jordan.
Tasks will include:
+ Policy Analysis
- To carry out civil society analysis and promotion of EU relations with the civil society in Jordan.
- To contribute to policy dialogue with civil society organisations and the concerned national authorities, donors and other stakeholders
- To act as the gender focal point of the EU Delegation and ensure in particular that women's empowerment and gender equality are correctly taken into account in the programming, design and implementation of the Delegation's activities.
- To contribute to analysis and definition of strategies for the European Union as well as to the reporting on the relevant parts of the implementation of the European Neighborhood Policy and EU-Jordan Partnership Priorities
- To ensure horizontal coordination within the Delegation on civil society and gender issues.
+ Programme /Project/Process Management
- To contribute to programming, identification and formulation of EU support in close cooperation with the beneficiary organisations in Jordan.
- To manage the implementation of the related programmes (contribute to all aspects of the procurement process, to attend management and monitoring meetings, to elaborate progress reports on projects and propose action if and when needed).
- To assist and support Delegation's colleagues in better mainstreaming gender in programmers/projects in line with priorities set by the EU Delegation.
- To ensure the monitoring of implementation and to contribute to the evaluation of projects.
+ Representation, Negotiation, Participation:
- To maintain good and effective contacts with the beneficiaries in the field, with the national authorities and institutions, with representatives of the diplomatic missions of the EU Member States, with representatives of the principal international donors, as well as NGOs and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that the results of projects are disseminated and outcomes presented at workshops, seminars, conferences or other public events.
- Liaise with other gender focal persons in the country and in Headquarters to maintain an effective network for exchanging and sharing experience. Join existing gender coordination mechanism in the country.
+ External Communication: Communication relating to EU supported programmes and projects
- To extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences;
- To contribute to the production of publications/information material;