Under the authority of the Head of Office, the incumbent will carry out multiple administrative and financial assignments, provide financial management advice and ensure accurate and reliable budget and accounting records and financial reports in compliance with the Organisation's financial regulations and deadlines, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality.
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- ensures that all financial transactions of the Office are carried out in accordance with Council of Europe financial regulations, rules and procedures;
- advises and assists in financial, administrative and budgetary matters;
- ensures regular follow-up of budget execution and prepares monthly reports of budget situation for information and validation by the relevant cost centre managers;
- provides accurate financial information, and draws immediate attention to discrepancies and irregularities;
- prepares, records, checks and follows up different kind of financial transactions, routine petty expenditures, statements, orders, contracts, stocks, etc, including in particular, input of requisitions and purchase orders into the financial management informations system (FIMS) and their finalisation;
- verifies and controls invoices before settlement;
- follows up work and activities in progress and reports to the supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
- liaises with local banks and financial institutions to obtain information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations for office bank accounts;
- prepares regular management accounting reports and statements and transmits them to Council of Europe headquarters;
- carries out customs and tax exemption and VAT reimbursement procedures;
- archives relevant supporting documents of all financial transactions;
- provides logistical support to the Office (requesting quotes for local purchases, issuing of supplies, preparing purchase orders and tender procedures);
- provides assistance in the absence of the Office Assistant;
- promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally.