The EU Delegation to the Arab Republic of Egypt launches a new call for proposal for artists and cultural operators in Egypt. Information session: 31 July 2018, Cairo.
The global objective of this call for proposals is: Unlocking the potential of culture and creativity and provide a framework for discussions among stakeholders and the European Union with regard to cultural needs in Egypt
The specific objective(s) of this call for proposals are:
- Foster accessible and inclusive culture; intangible Cultural Heritage; Cultural and creative sectors: creative economy and innovation; and promotion of cultural diversity;
- Support to culture, creativity and economic development by reinforcing the existing cultural private sector and cultural industries in a way that ensures and sustains cultural diversity (providing cultural content);
- Access to Culture: cultural actions that contribute to equal participation in cultural production and distribution of cultural services; access to culture in public spaces, informal areas and locations that are culturally deprived;
- Provide support to small-medium-sized cultural operators that may play a key role in their communities in promoting cultural creativity and diversity while promoting debates on cultural needs within communities;
- Raise awareness of our common history and values, and to reinforce a sense of belonging in a common European-Egyptian cultural space;
- Use culture in shared public spaces to promote intercultural dialogue and bring communities together;
- Create high quality cultural and artistic productions, and elaborate and find the best forms of cultural activities to promote dialogue within multicultural and multi-religious communities eg. theatre, dance, music, poetry, visual art, intangible heritage, film, literature, and any other artistic language and genres;
- Promote the role of shared public spaces that are being or might be used , even beyond “cultural” spaces like museums, libraries, theatres, heritage sites What are their particular advantages / disadvantages;
- Strengthen the advocacy capacity of the cultural sector in policy debates on culture at a European level, while encouraging it to work in a more collaborative way Attain sustainability by focussing management on a participatory approach by ensuring public participation in the rehabilitation process of cultural tourism sites or monuments of strategic interest. Increase local communities 'endearment to their heritage in order to set up a more sustainable management of the cultural resources;
- Support Cultural Diversity and Intercultural Dialogue actions aiming at enhancing and preserving the cultural diversity of Egypt, access to cultural productions coming from other countries, the circulation of professionals and cultural productions within the region / Egypt; the organisation of activities seeking a contact with the Other and promoting dialogue with other cultures; encouraging the production and the access to independent cultural productions.