The EU Delegation to The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan offers a post of Budget / Accounting Assistant . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Accounts clerk – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the following tasks and responsibilities under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section:
1. ACCOUNTING - Assistant to Account and Budget
- Financial initiating agent for commitments, payments and recovery orders initiation according to the Financial Regulations and the administrative procedures in place;
- Management of the petty cash;
- Manage the monthly closure of the accounts;
- Assist in the managing of the budget, credit requests, reporting and other administrative duties;
- Verifying of the reimbursements and authorizations for the medical sickness insurance claims for local staff.
2. OPERATIONAL and ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT and RESOURCES - Administrative assistance
- Management of the physical inventory of the Delegation assets and keeping up-to-date the database (ABAC ASSET);
- Assist the logistician officer on regular basis;
- Back up for the management of the drivers programme and the vehicle fleet: distribute the daily trips, ensure efficient operation and cleanliness of the vehicles and the safety standards and follow up on the renewal of the transports documents and licences.