Following up to the ARLEM report on "Youth entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean" adopted in February 2019, the Euro-Mediterranean Regional and Local Assembly (ARLEM) shall award a successful young entrepreneur from the South Mediterranean partner countries and the local authority which helped her/his activity at its plenary session on 23 January 2020. The ARLEM award aims to inspire both potential entrepreneurs and local and regional authorities as well as to contribute to a positive narrative. This is its second edition (#ARLEMaward).
The prize will be awarded:
- To a young entrepreneur up to 35 years old
- Who is supported by her/his regional or local community
- Whose company has been registered for at least 3 years
- Who has run her/his entreprise for at least 3 years
- Headquartered in a country on the three shores of the Mediterranean* (*Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia and Turkey)
- Who wants to share her/his experience
Her/his company will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Its impact on the community, social progress and development
- The support it receives from the local or regional authority
- Its impact on job creation
- The percentage of women in its workforce
- Its degree of innovation
- The respect of workers’ social rights
- In how far the project can serve as a model in other countries in the region
The award ceremony will take place in the margins of the next ARLEM plenary session on 23 January 2020.
Local and regional authorities and young entrepreneurs: Work together to ensure the dynamism of your region’s economy!