A new institutional twinning project in the field of higher education was launched last Friday in Rabat, Morocco. The project “Support to the higher education system in Morocco in the framework of a rapprochement with the European Higher Education Area” is funded by the European Union in the framework of the programme “Réussir le Statut Avancé”. Its objective is to accompany the higher education system reform in Morocco in the framework of the Education Strategic Vision 2015-2030 and the rapprochement with the European Higher Education Area.
This project, which will last 24 months (2018-2020), includes several expertise missions of the involved Spanish institutions, as well as many study visits of Moroccan experts in Spain for the implementation of the six components of the project, which are:
- Rapprochement of the Moroccan legislative and regulatory framework with the EU standards;
- Diversification of the training offer;
- Diversification of the teaching methods (e-learning strategies);
- Implementation of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS);
- Recognition of diplomas;
- Consolidation of the steering tools.