In the framework of EU-funded EBSOMED project, ANIMA Investment Network's affiliate AWEX, the Walloon Export and Foreign Investment Agency, has set up a Technical Assistance Mission "Export Promotion and Internationalisation of SMEs" consisting of a 3-day visit (11-13 June 2019) of the Tunisian export promotion centre CEPEX to AWEX in Brussels, Belgium.
For CEPEX, the study visit mainly aims at:
- learning about AWEX's experience in supporting the export and internationalisation of Walloon companies
- becoming familiar with European foreign trade aid instruments and programmes as well as mentoring programmes for start-ups and first-time exporters
- establishing an exchange of expertise with the aim of a better knowledge of the Tunisian economic fabric, Tunisian exporting companies and their export capacity
The objectives of this activity are to:
- exchange the expertise of the two agencies by allowing CEPEX to strengthen its skills in assisting exporting companies;
- establish a partnership between the Tunisian and Walloon Business Support Organisations (CEPEX and AWEX) and to develop partnerships between companies from both countries;
- better know both markets; and
- increase exports from both countries.
Co-financed by the European Commission, EBSOMED is a 4-year project which was officially launched in June 2018 in Tunis. The project aims at boosting the Mediterranean business ecosystem and promoting inclusive economic growth and job creation, by enhancing the private sector environment and namely the Business Support Organisations in the Southern Neighbourhood countries.