Supports the development of a modern and efficient energy regulatory framework in the Mediterranean Partner Countries and strengthens their cooperation with EU energy regulators
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Syria, Tunisia, and Turkey
Actions in brief
- Sets up 4 ad-hoc groups on: electricity, gas, environment renewable energy sources and energy efficiency. Each meets three times in the 18 months duration of the project.
- Holds 2 General Assemblies, one per semester.
- Facilitates information exchanges and concerted approaches between regulators.
- Networks through the groups, assemblies, meetings, task forces and training.
- Develops the technical capacities of regulatory authorities’ staff, through general and specialised courses by the Florence School of Regulators.