The EU NEIGHBOURS east project, in collaboration with ACT LLC, carries out opinion polls in the six EU's Eastern Partner countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine) on an annual basis.
According to the 2019 survey:
- 65% of people in the Republic of Moldova trust the European Union.
- 85% of Moldovans are aware of the EU’s financial support, 53% of whom consider the support to be effective.
- 68% of Moldovans believe the relations with the European Union are good.
- Over half of Moldovan citizens (55%) have a positive image of the European Union (EU), 33% feel neutral about it and only 10% hold a negative view.
The purpose of the annual surveys is to investigate and understand better the opinion and the level of awareness that the citizens of the EU's Eastern partner countries have about the European Union and the EU cooperation with their country. They cover the following broad topics:
- General perceptions about the EU
- Values associated with the EU
- Assessment of EU relations with the home country
- Awareness of financial support provided by the EU and assessment of its effectiveness
- Sources of information
- Country evaluation and future expectations
To find out the results of Opinion Survey 2019: Regional Overview, please go here.
To find out more about EU-Moldova cooperation, please go here.