The EU NEIGHBOURS east project, in collaboration with ACT LLC, carries out opinion polls in the six EU's Eastern Partner countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine) on an annual basis.
According to the 2018 survey, almost half of all citizens (46%) in the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood have a positive image of the European Union, compared to just 13% who have a negative perception, while 63% believe EU relations with their country are good, with perceptions of the EU generally consistent compared to last year.
The purpose of the annual surveys is to investigate and understand better the opinion and the level of awareness that the citizens of the EU's Eastern Partner countries have about the European Union and the EU cooperation with their country. They cover the following broad topics:
- General perceptions about the EU
- Values associated with the EU
- Assessment of EU relations with the home country
- Awareness of financial support provided by the EU and assessment of its effectiveness
- Sources of information
- Country evaluation and future expectations
Country specific reports and factsheets are available at the following links: