The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) aims to strengthen civil society in the Eastern Partnership countries as well as foster cooperation and the exchange of experience between civil society organisations from partner countries and the EU. The EaP CSF Secretariat ensures technical and administrative support for the functioning of the Forum and ensures greater visibility of its activities and those of its National Platforms and Working Groups.
EU support to the EaP CSF Secretariat aims to help the Forum become an ever more effective channel of advocacy for civil society organisations at regional level across the Eastern Partnership. Specific objectives include:
- The EaP CSF is strengthened, with an increased and balanced membership.
- Reform strategy is developed and implemented, aimed at strengthening the role of National Platforms, creating stronger links with EU-based organisations, raising the ambitions of the Forum’s advocacy to international policy levels and fostering inclusiveness and openness.
- CSOs achieve increased technical capacity to engage in dialogue on sector governance issues.
Actions in brief
- Organise the Annual Assemblies of the EaP CSF in a revised format, possibly using long-distance live engagement IT applications;
- Provide support to regional projects elaborated and implemented by Working Groups of the Forum, including those aiming at increased technical capacities of CSOs working on governance sectors;
- Set up an Early Warning and Resilience Mechanism to enable fast reaction of thematic working groups of the Forum to elaborate joint positions/recommendations;
- Elaborate a new organisation development strategy, and carry out its implementation;
- Revise the advocacy and communication strategies of the Forum to reflect the need to expand outreach to other organisations, donors and international actors.