The project fosters the employability and active participation in society and the economy of young people living in disadvantaged rural areas in Belarus, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine (including around Chernobyl), by developing modern labour skills, supporting them in becoming leaders/entrepreneurs and promoting new professional opportunities.
- To promote the integration of young people in disadvantaged rural communities into the economy and society by providing qualified professional education and vocational training, business and entrepreneurial knowledge, cooperation experience, and the social and business contacts needed for a future independent life.
- To promote modern agricultural skills in disadvantaged rural communities to counter outdated agricultural technologies and labour organisation, low salaries, hard working conditions, and the mass production of products with low added value.
- To integrate local communities and educational institutions with regional and national vocational guidance institutions, the broader economic market and civil society, as well as with each other.
Actions in brief
- Supporting and equipping some 8 rural schools/centres that have gardens, providing them best international practices to help them become business incubators in practical teaching of modern agriculture to rural youth;
- Developing training programmes (on organic farming, business and economy, entrepreneurship and leadership, storing and processing organic products, marketing and promotion, information technologies, agricultural tourism, handicrafts), E-testing-advising ‘Stairs of Growth’ software for individual career guidance to rural youth; issuing of proper guidance manuals;
- Training local trainers, who will teach modern agriculture at business incubators.
- Extracurricular courses for schoolchildren, vocational guidance courses for unemployed youth, weekend courses for working youth;
- Study tours for groups of youngsters from other rural schools to business-incubators to introduce modern/organic agricultural technologies and business;
- Developing and launching a remote informal educational course on organic agriculture open for any interested young people from 6 EaP countries, including E-learning led by trained specialists.
- Establishing a partner network of business-incubators with other rural schools, communities, regional/national educational/vocational institutions, Agricultural R&D institutions, labour/food market actors, etc. including creation of the ‘School Garden’ Internet platform on organic agriculture, farming, education, opportunities to improve professional skills and employment, proposals on business, cooperation and start-up, market research and other helpful issues;
- Facilitating the establishment of business companies and cooperatives, technical and financial support of up to 8 start-ups, inclusion of social components into their operation;
- Advertising and promotion campaign on organic agriculture, including study tours for representatives of rural schools and employment centres of participating countries, business tours for representatives of food trade networks, press tours, Forum-Dialogues on ‘School Gardens as a Business and Social Incubator for the Young in Local Communities’, design of a ‘School Garden’ social brand for products grown in school gardens for sale and social distribution.
The project is implemented by Green Cross Belarus in partnership with Fondazione Giovanni Paolo II ONLUS per il Dialogo, Cooperazione e Sviluppo (IT), Green Cross Ukraine and National Environmental Center (MD).Print pdf