Strengthening and promoting the role of civil society organisations (CSOs) in grass-root decision-making processes in the housing sector in five Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries
Countries covered: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
The project aims to promote management of real estate and energy efficient refurbishment of multi-dwelling houses, and to improve living conditions in multi-family buildings in the five EaP countries
Actions in brief
- Analysis of the legal and organisational status of Homeowners’ Associations.
- Collecting information on best practice.
- Consultation with regional and local authorities.
- Installation of Technical Advisory Centres (TACs).
- Design and preparation of re-granting scheme for the establishment and work of TACs.
Tasks and objectives of TACs are the following:
- to increase the knowledge and awareness of citizens about their rights in the property, principles and activities of homeowners’ associations (HOAs);
- to organise and conduct seminars and trainings on topics, such as the establishment and running of HOAs;
- to provide training for HOAs’ accountants;
- to support the organisation, implementation and participation (if necessary) of HOA meetings;
- to organise "Hotline" services: regular telephone consultation hours;
- individual consulting and training of local residents;
- bundling of proposals from NGOs, HOAs in the development of recommendations for changes in legislation;
- dissemination of best practices by HOAs in the partner towns.