Supporting the private sector in the DCFTA countries, particularly through lending to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The project aims to blend funds from the EU and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in order to provide financing and technical assistance to the SME sector and to improve conditions for SMEs lending.
The DCFTA SME Direct Support Facility aims to achieve the following:
- To improve access to finance for local SMEs in the region and mitigate the shortage of long-term financing.
- To provide long-term local currency financing.
- To help SMEs identify quality capital investment projects, improve their governance structure and introduce them to best practices.
- To help develop local financial markets in view of sustainable and market-based principles.
Actions in brief
- Risk sharing (EU grant to cover First Loss Cover)
- Technical assistance