Supporting the private sector in the DCFTA countries, particularly through lending to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
Countries covered: Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
The DCFTA SME Direct Support Facility aims to achieve the following:
- To improve access to finance for local SMEs in the region and mitigate the shortage of long-term financing.
- To provide long-term local currency financing.
- To help SMEs identify quality capital investment projects, improve their governance structure and introduce them to best practices.
- To help develop local financial markets in view of sustainable and market-based principles.
Actions in brief
- Risk sharing (EU grant to cover First Loss Cover)
- Technical assistance