The project works to facilitate trade and movement of people across the common border between Ukraine and Moldova, while preventing and combating smuggling and other border-related offences, crime and corruption, thus contributing to the security, stability and sustainable development of the region.
The specific objectives of the action are to:
- improve the conditions for free and safe movement of persons, goods and vehicles across the common border;
- enhance crime prevention and preparedness to respond to border incidents, based on enhanced inter-agency and international cooperation and exchange of information;
- improve knowledge and skills on operational use of equipment, in conjunction with use of risk analysis products, in a bilaterally coordinated and coherent manner.
Actions in brief
- Joint video monitoring and pre-arrival information exchange carried out at selected road BCPs.
- Joint patrolling capacities improved and response time to border incidents (including urgent search and rescue needs) on common blue border reduced.
- Knowledge and skills on specialised equipment of relevant staff increased.