The project seeks to mitigate the adverse effects of COVID-19 and to contribute to the longer-term socio-economic resilience of vulnerable groups in the Eastern partner countries through a series of activities and small grants to civil society organisations (CSOs), working with key populations, with activities ranging from advocacy and prevention, to treatment and care.
To mitigate the impact of COVID-19 and contribute towards longer term socio-economic resilience of vulnerable groups in Eastern Partnership countries.
Actions in brief
Support actions include:
- CSO grants for direct service provision, monitoring, advocacy and ensuring access to accurate information.
- Support to CSOs adapting to the needs emerging from the COVID crisis.
- Ongoing assessment of COVID-19 measures.
- CSO and Watchdog Centre capacity development for inclusive recovery policies and sector reform.
- Journalists’ capacity development and grants to cover COVID-19 response.
- Support to CSOs and watchdog Initiatives – policy engagement and reform.
- Intraregional exchange of experience in monitoring of the adherence of governance response to COVID to international human rights standards and recommendations of international institutions.