The project aims to foster the resilience and sustainability of civil society in countries of the Eastern Partnership, in order to mitigate the immediate and longer-term impact of COVID-19. It supports civil society and the broader independent activist community to continue providing access to protection and assistance, especially to the most vulnerable groups, as well as accurate information about the pandemic.
- To build CSOs’ sustainability and resilience to the effects of the COVID-19 crisis.
- To equip CSOs with the necessary digital technology, structured organisational and strategic capacity to continue supporting their beneficiaries, protecting vulnerable communities and advocating for policies to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
- To help CSOs and media to counter disinformation and fake news, and promote access to reliable information on the pandemic and its impact on communities through awareness raising and advocacy.
Actions in brief
Under Objective 1
- 26 emergency grants
- 200 CSO representatives receive psychosocial and legal support
Under Objective 2
- 26 digitalisation grants to improve the online work of CSOs
- 21 capacity development grants
- 6 exchange and cooperation grants
- 5 analytical and policy-oriented project grants
Under Objective 3
- 32 grants for independent media and CSOs working to debunk false information, and provide counter narratives
- 25 media campaign, advocacy and awareness raising grants
- 6 government monitoring grants