The project aims to contribute to the development of a more favourable social entrepreneurship ecosystem in the Eastern Partnership region and Russia. This will be done through raising awareness, promotion of social innovation and relevant exchanges with various policy and decision-making stakeholders that will ultimately lead to increasing the number of social investors, social entrepreneurs, and collaboration across the region. Alongside providing financial support to establish venture philanthropy funds in the region, the project action will include specific components for Armenia, including an Emergency Covid-19 Relief Fund for social enterprises, and incubation and acceleration programmes.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to a more favourable ecosystem for social entrepreneurship in Eastern Partnership countries and Russia.
The specific objectives of the action should lead to:
1) Increased number of social investors in EaP countries and Russia.
2) Increased level of collaboration in the field of social entrepreneurship at regional and local level, among EaP countries and Russia.
3) Increased level of skills and business competences among social enterprises and CSOs, benefitting from the incubation/acceleration activities in Armenia.
4) Promoting social innovation and the development of the new business models for financing CSOs and purpose-driven businesses.
Actions in brief
- Mapping studies, other data collection exercises and studies conducted in EaP countries and Russia.
- Awareness raising/educational events organised at regional and national level.
- Social investors circles/clubs in EaP countries established.
- Scholarships for local stakeholders and study visits organised.
- Landing website for the project created, local country-based websites created, and online platform for sharing resources, connections, projects and deals is active.
- Policy nexus for EaP countries and Russia prepared.
- Emergency fund in Armenia created through financing support to third parties.
- Acceleration/incubation programme in Armenia implemented.
- Competitions of ideas for CSOs, social enterprises and purpose-driven businesses organised.
- Best practices in social entrepreneurship/social investment from EaP countries and Russia showcased.
- Venture philanthropy funds created in Armenia, Ukraine, Georgia.