You are invited to participate in the "Visual Storytelling from A to Z" training course that will take place in Lozen village, near Sofia, Bulgaria in the period 6th till 15th April 2020 and will gather 34 representatives of organizations from 10 countries - Portugal, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Ukraine, Armenia, Poland, North Macedonia and Bulgaria.
The training aims at bringing self-awareness at the participants, on their own identity and perception as human beings, not as objects of stereotypes based on their gender. To achieve it the methods of visual arts and creativity will be put in practice.The specific objectives of the Visual storytelling from A to Z training course are as
- Introducing the visual storytelling as a method for raising awareness campaigns and create an emotional bonding with any topic;
- Raising awareness on main concepts about gender equality and deconstruct stereotypes on gender roles and appearances created by society back in the years and repeated by the modern society;
- Introducing knowledge for gender equality education, based on meeting with experts, peer learning and self-assessment techniques and connecting them with visual storytelling methodologies;
- Developing a sensibility and critical thinking on the topic of gender based inequalities, to be able to recognize the vulnerability of gender (in)equalities and showcase real stories through visual arts;
- Developing tools to work on prevention or to react in cases of gender inequalities, hate speech, exclusions or violence (online and offline);- Developing the competences of the participants to plan, organize and implement educational activities on gender equality;
- Create a bond and ground for international cooperation and networking.