The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the position of the Team Leader for the project “EU Support to Strengthening IBM in Ukraine” with duration of 30 months. The project will support the identification of and assist in addressing the gaps in the implementation of the national reforms approximating the Ukrainian border management system to the standards and good practices of the EU Integrated Border Management (IBM) in line with the national Integrated Border Management Strategy of Ukraine. Please note that this position is subject to approval and availability of project funds.
The Team Leader...
- is responsible for the management of the project and for ensuring the direction of project activities, delivery of project outputs and the achievement of project targets and results.
- organises a prompt kick off/initiation of the project, including set up and recruitment of project staff. S/he develops and maintains relationships with project partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders as well as plans and coordinates implementation of all aspects of the project ensuring that the project is managed according to the approved project documentation, work plans and budgets in line with ICMPD´s rules and business processes as well as partner and donor agreements. The Team Leader ensures timely and qualitative delivery of project outputs and achievement of project results in close collaboration with the project team, project beneficiaries, partners and donors as well as manages a smooth project finalisation and closure.
- establishes and regularly updates the detailed project work plan and monitors its implementation in consultation with the Head of Programme. S/he continuously analyses the progress of implementation, the budget execution, assesses achieved results for quality and impact and ensures that adequate information is gathered for assessment and reporting. The Team Leader plans and coordinates project communication activities and ensures that reporting on progress and results is timely, of high quality and carried out in accordance with donor agreements. The Team Leader coordinates project´s contribution to ICMPD´s knowledge base and identifies and develops new projects and participates in resources mobilisation activities.
- leads and supervises the project team consisting of ICMPD staff and experts ensuring that the team works according to the project work plan and produces timely and qualitative outputs. S/he assesses the performance of the project team members and works in close cooperation with relevant units in ICMPD and develops and maintains working level contacts with partner organisations.
- works under the supervision of the Head of Programme.