Under the authority of the Head of Office, and the supervision of the project management, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to assist in the implementation of the project ‘Strengthening the efficiency and quality of the judicial system in Azerbaijan’ within the framework of the Council of Europe and European Union Partnership for Good Governance - PGG II, in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders.
Employment is limited to the duration of the project which is expected to end on 31 August 2021.
The incumbent performs the following key duties in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- ensures the administrative assistance and the organisational support for the implementation of the activities of the programme, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- carries out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events; follows up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organises travel, visa and accommodation in accordance with the programme needs; deals with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- processes purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements in line with the Council of Europe rules and procedures;
- processes and drafts correspondence, documents, presentations and assists in preparing reports;
- organises the production, distribution and publication of documents in printed version or online;
- may be requested to assist with translation duties (English-Azeri);
- receives, reviews and dispatches incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- records, maintains and updates a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- works in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of programme activities;
- reports to the supervisor on activities in progress and if and when problems occur;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with colleagues;
- carries out other tasks as may be required connected to the programme implementation;
- promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally.
Please note that you may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice
*Local recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Rule No 1234 of 15 December 2005
This local recruitment procedure is open to applicants already present in Azerbaijan.
Only candidates who we consider best match the eligibility criteria below will be considered for shortlisting.
- Completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years’ studies.
- At least two years’ relevant professional experience relating to administrative or project implementation support duties or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Azerbaijani (mother tongue level);
- Very good knowledge of one of the official languages of the Council of Europe (English);
- Knowledge of the other (French) and/or Russian would be an advantage.
- Nationality of host country or one of the 47 Council of Europe member states
- Under 65 years of age at the closing date of the vacancy notice
Council of Europe staff members adhere to the values Professionalism, Integrity and Respect
Professional and technical expertise :
- proven practical knowledge and experience of administrative duties;
- general knowledge and understanding of the activities of the Council of Europe;
- sound computer skills of standard tools in office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, databases, presentation software; outlook, internet publications);
- Planning and work organisation
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
- Service orientation
- Teamwork and co-operation
Professional and technical expertise:
- professional experience in the field of projects/programmes implementation, assistance and cooperation activities;
- experience of working in an international environment;
- Learning and development
- Results orientation
For more information, please refer to the Competency Framework of the Council of Europe.