The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the position of the National Project Manager for the project “EU Support to Strengthening IBM in Ukraine” with duration of 30 months. The project will support the identification of and assist in addressing the gaps in the implementation of the national reforms approximating the Ukrainian border management system to the standards and good practices of the EU Integrated Border Management (IBM) in line with the national Integrated Border Management Strategy of Ukraine. Please note that this position is subject to approval and availability of project funds.
The National Project Manager...
- is a specialised technical role in the field of border management and security and is responsible for planning and implementation of activities and for provision of specialised substantive experience within a project or project components.
- plans and organises project activities and administers project inputs in the assigned area of work ensuring that the activities are managed according to the approved project documentation, work plans and budgets, and in line with ICMPD´s rules and business processes as well as partner and donor agreements. S/he is responsible for a timely achievement of high-quality outputs within the assigned area of work.
- develops and maintains relationships with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders and plans, organises and supervises the work of consultants and contractors ensuring high quality and timeliness of outputs within her/his technical role and assigned area of work. S/he conceptualises, plans and prepares substantive project outputs and produces project content and prepares donor and other substantive project reports. The National Project Manager continuously assesses achieved results for quality and impact.
- contributes to planning of the overall direction of the project.
- works under the supervision of the Team Leader and in close collaboration with other members of the project team as well as with other project teams across ICMPD. In her/his area of work, s/he cultivates regular contacts with stakeholder organisations at the working level.