National Erasmus+ Office (NEO) in Azerbaijan announces the following vacancy for its office in Baku.
Title: Projects officer (monitoring and evaluation)
Location: Baku office.
Duration:1 year, renewable (3 months probation period)
Deadline for Applications: 25th November 2018
Description of the post:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the following activities:
- Advice and support to potential applicants at local level interested to apply for Erasmus + in the field of higher education; provide assistance to find partners.
- Project follow-up and monitoring: establish and maintain contacts with grant holders in Azerbaijan; follow-up and monitor on-going projects in Azerbaijan (HEIs and individual mobilities) and timely report to NEO director and EACEA; provide advice and assistance to grant holders on administrative and fiscal matters in Azerbaijan (e.g. tax, customs, purchase of equipment, etc.) as well as on the grant agreement provisions and visa arrangements; follow-up the sustainability of completed projects; support the dissemination of project results.
- Follow up of higher education issues: Follow the activities of the Erasmus+ Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs); draft briefing papers and notes, as well as reports on the implementation and progress of projects in which the higher education institutions in Azerbaijan are involved.
- Act as the deputy director of the office in case needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the NEO director
Minimum requirements for the post
- University Master degree; a PhD would be an advantage;
- At least 5 years of relevant general experience working in Education or in a position related to Education;
- Relevant experience in the preparation, management and/or evaluation of projects and more preferably in the field of Higher Education;
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills;
- Excellent language skills: oral and written fluency in English and Azerbaijani. Good knowledge of French or German is an additional asset;
- Leadership, team spirit, commitment as well as a strong sense of initiative;
- Very good knowledge of the local and international environment and the academic world;
- Readiness to travel inside and, occasionally, outside Baku.
Other experience to be considered:
- Good understanding of the higher education sector and the developments taking place in the region;
- Previous experience with international project management and knowledge of project cycle management;
- Experience in training and communication;
- Good computer literacy (word, excel, power point).
For more information on the programme: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/node_en