The European Union Delegation to Republic of Belarus is looking for:
Budget Officer (LA 1)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Belarus develops and maintains good and effective contacts with the national, regional, local authorities, administrations and foreign representatives. Raises awareness about the European Union, its institutions and programs implemented in Belarus within the framework of the ENPI (European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument) and supports the preparation and implementation of the technical assistance programs financed by the EU.
We offer a post of Budget Officer:
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Budget Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to carry out day to day finance and contract management of EU funded projects under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
The candidate – Local Agent LA-1 will work in the multicultural and multinational environment, under the full time employment contract in the premises of the EU Delegation in Minsk. We expect a candidate deep understanding of financial management principles, with high level personal integrity, able to work under strict deadlines and able to cope with uneven workload. The standard office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with a 60 minutes lunch break. The staff has right to choose flexitime arrangement.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law
- Fluent in English and Russian
- University degree (minimum 3 years) in Finance, Law, Audit, Business Administration, Public administration or equivalent. In case of absence of a University degree, a professional experience in relevant field of at least 5 years above the minimum professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience (following the university diploma) in finance, law, audit, or equivalent, including proven experience of at least 2 years in tendering and finance / contract management in private or public sector
The following will be considered an asset:
- Master degree in Finance, Law, Audit, Business Administration, Public administration or equivalent
- Knowledge of Finance and Contract procedures applicable to the EU External Aid (PRAG)
- Proven working experience in relevant fields at international level such as in an international organisation, multinational company or abroad
- Knowledge of other EU working languages such as French and/or German written and spoken at the level B2 – Independent User
- Knowledge of Internal European Commission IT Tools such as CRIS and ABAC