Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will provide operational support to the CO Innovation Team in the continued implementation of ongoing initiatives and interventions.
Specifically, the intern will:
- Provide administrative support in recruitment and procurement tasks within the framework of the project implementation;
- Filing procurement and recruitment records to ensure completeness of files based on an existing checklist;
- Provide administrative support in project management processes and preservation of the proper filing system for financial records and documents;
- Assist in planning and monitoring activities;
- Provide technical support in organizing events, meetings, conferences and any other project related activities/initiatives;
- Provide oral and written translations from English to Georgian and vice versa as necessary;
- Provide logistical support for staff development: supporting the implementation of learning events and other staff events managed by the team;
- Conduct research on relevant issues falling under Sustainable Cities and Communities thematic areas, on demand;
- Provide support in monitoring and evaluation process and reporting;
- Assist the Innovation Team with any other duties, as required.
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail;
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask;
- Excellent networking, organizational and communication skills;
- Leadership skills and ability to work in diverse and complex environments, incorporating both team and individual dynamics;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- An interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development;
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications);
- Excellent interactive and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- A degree in development-related field, such as: International Relations, International Law, Public Administration, Public Policy; Sociology, and Public Relations, would be an asset;
- GPA of 3.5 Cumulative, and above would be a strong asset.
- A sound command of written and spoken proficiency in English and Georgian.