EU Delegations have a tradition of offering non-remunerated traineeships to young people in third countries or international organisations where they are accredited.
The aim of these traineeships is to provide young graduates with insight knowledge about the daily work of EU Delegations as well as about the EU foreign policy delivery and the representation of EU interests outside the EU.
Are you eligible for non-remunerated traineeship?
You may apply for the traineeship if:
- You are a national from an EU Member State, pre-accession State or from the third country where the Delegation is accredited
- You are a young graduate with a University diploma or at your last year of University
- You have excellent command of foreign languages
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience
- You have not yet worked in any of the EU institutions
Candidates to the Blue Book Traineeship Programme are informed that as the European Commission and the EEAS wish to offer to as many people as possible the opportunity of in-service training as Blue Book, applications will not be accepted from candidates who – for more than six weeks:
- Have already benefited or benefit from any kind of in-service training (formal or informal, paid or unpaid) within a European institution or body, or
- Who have had or have any kind of employment within a European institution or body.
What are the general rules?
- Duration: the traineeship can be up to a maximum of six months
- Cost: traineeships at the EU Delegations are not paid. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation and living expenses must be borne by either the trainees themselves or their sponsoring institutions
- Visa: trainees are responsible for obtaining and covering the cost of necessary visas
- Travel: trainees have to arrange and finance their travel to the EU Delegation
- Medical insurance: trainees need to arrange and show proof of a valid medical insurance coverage prior to the start of their traineeship
Where and how to apply?
If you are interested in a non-remunerated traineeship in an EU Delegation, please contact directly the Delegation of your interest. The call of expression and recruitment process are organised and managed by the Delegation. Please note that not all Delegations are offering traineeship programmes.