Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Ukraine?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 4 months within the Political Section of the EU Delegation to Ukraine, starting in September 2019. The traineeship can be extended to a maximum period of six months, depending on the availability of funds. The Political Section of the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine is in charge of developing analysis and recommendations for HQ related to:
- Political developments in the country
- The reform process, including the implementation of the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine
- Ukraine's foreign and security policies
- The conflict in eastern Ukraine, its socio-economic consequences, and diplomatic efforts to solve it
The intern will be fully embedded in the work of the section, receive direct exposure to the EU activities in Ukraine, and be provided with a unique occasion to understand from inside the work of an EU Delegation in a third country.
- Development of analysis of political landscape in Ukraine, in particular with regard to the new Parliament and Government
- Data gathering and analysis of social and economic indicators in the country
- Participate in internal and external meetings/events and report about them
- Assist the work of the Political Section as necessary