Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Republic of Belarus?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 4 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to the Republic of Belarus, starting in October 2019. The traineeship can be extended to a maximum period of six months, depending on the availability of funds.
The Political, Press and Information Section of the Delegation is in charge of developing analysis and recommendations for HQ related to:
- Political, social and economic developments in the country, including issues related to the evolution of civil society and the situation of human rights;
- Belarus' foreign and security policies, including within the context of the Eastern Partnership;
- Sectoral matters notably on trade and energy security.
The intern will be fully embedded in the work of the section, receive direct exposure to the EU activities in the Republic of Belarus, and be provided with a unique occasion to understand from inside the work of an EU Delegation in a third country.
- Data gathering and analysis of social and economic indicators in the country;
- Participate in internal and external meetings/events and report timely about them;
- Assist the work of the Section as necessary, including with regard to outreach/visibility projects and visits to the Republic of Belarus;
- Assist in the Section's research and reporting on domestic issues in the Republic of Belarus;
- Participate and contribute to the preparation and implementation of public diplomacy activities of the EU Delegation;
- Assist in the conception and implementation of information and communication products.