Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Georgia?
The EU Delegation to Georgia offers:
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section Section of the EU Delegation to Georgia, starting in September 2021.
The Political, Press and Information Section oversees the political bilateral relationship between the European Union and Georgia. It monitors the implementation of the EU-Georgia Association Agreement and ensures timely, accurate and high quality analysis and reporting to the Head of Delegation and to headquarters. It prepares EU-Georgia meetings and handles a number of incoming EU visitors. It monitors the media landscape, provides news digest to headquarters and Member State embassies and coordinates the communication policy of the EU Delegation to Georgia.
- Monitor, analyse and report on developments in Georgia with relevance to EU interests and policies;
- Engage in incoming visits, events and conferences under the responsibility of the Political, Press and Information Section;
- Participate in meetings and report on them to the Section;
- Conduct supervised desk research;
- Monitor the news and report as necessary;
- Any other tasks in the interest of the service.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Georgia
- Very good command of English (minimum B2);
- University degree in Political Science, Law, International Relations, Economics or equivalent;
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, good interpersonal skills;
- Very good communication skills – both oral and written;
- Familiarity with the Georgian political context
- Knowledge of the Georgian language is an asset
To learn more and to apply: