The ‘UPSHIFT Green’ programme is offering a unique opportunity for young people who want to develop their own projects in the area of energy efficiency and energy saving, responsible consumption, reuse (upcycle/reuse), ecosystem protection, pollution, eco-friendly and green transport and other important topics related to energy, climate change and the environment.
Applicant teams can present online or offline advocacy campaigns, educational events, eco-friendly social enterprises or completely new technological solutions.
Experienced mentors will help the selected teams to develop their projects step by step, research the problem, study the target audience and conduct testing. As a result, the teams will have viable projects and the opportunity to win funding of up to UAH 60,000 (around €1,700).
Who can apply?
- Youth teams of 3–5 participants aged 14 to 21 years
- Residents of all regions of Ukraine
- Applicants who are ready to undergo online training on 5, 8–9 and 12–13 December
What are the stages of the programme?
- The selected teams will undergo online training, during which they will create their own projects using UPSHIFT’s methodology, which is based on the human-centred design approach. Each team will have a separate mentor.
- Teams will present their projects to a jury, after which five teams will be selected to receive funding for their projects. The jury will pick the teams whose projects have the greatest impact, are innovative, sustainable and involve more young people in protecting the environment and combating climate change.
- The teams selected for funding will have three months to implement their projects. During this period, they will be supported and advised by mentors and experts.
All interested candidates should apply for the program before 29 November. Participation in the programme is free of charge.
‘UPSHIFT Green’ is part of a global UNICEF project financed by the EU and the Government of Japan.
Find out more