This conference in Vienna will explore the digital dimension of youth work by providing an overview of current developments and exploring competences of youth workers in existing competence models.
The digital dimension of youth work has become an integral part of everyday work among youth workers and has been looked into and discussed from many angles.
Recent conferences, seminars and projects organized on European and national levels tackled this topic as well as policy recommendations, such as those from the European expert group on "Developing Digital Youth work". It has become an integral part of youth work in Europe and therefore integration of this dimension in existing competence models like the ones developed in the framework of the European Training Strategy or the "aufZAQ" model in Austria.
In this 2,5-day conference, from 24-27 February 2020, we intend to:
- provide an overview of current developments regarding the digital dimension of youth work and existing competence models for youth workers.
- reflect on and strengthen the role and identity as a youth worker in a digitalised era.
- explore and discuss about the digital dimension of youth work and related competences.
- contribute to integrating digital competences in existing competence models for youth workers.
- provide space for networking.