The 2017 application round for the Master's course in 'Global Studies - A European Perspective' and the Erasmus Mundus grant has opened today and therefore we would be pleased if you could share this call with suitable candidates and encourage them to apply for the programme.
Institution: Global and European Studies Institute (Leipzig University)
The Master’s course combines approaches from Global History and International Studies. Cultural Studies, Area Studies, Social Sciences and other disciplines contribute to a wide ranging academic programme.
This Master's course is an interdisciplinary, research-based programme offered by a Consortium of six European universities:
- Ghent University (Belgium),
- Leipzig University (Germany),
- London School of Economics and Political Science (UK),
- Roskilde University (Denmark),
- University of Vienna (Austria),
- and University of Wroclaw (Poland)
and is maintaining a partnership with six further leading non-European universities in the field of Global Studies:
- Dalhousie University (Canada),
- Fudan University (China),
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (India),
- Macquarie University (Australia),
- University of California at Santa Barbara (USA),
- University of Stellenbosch (South Africa).
The European Union awards this year up to 8 Erasmus Mundus scholarships to students of this course from Erasmus+ partner countries. These full-time grants cover for tuition fee and include also a monthly living allowance. The application deadline for the Erasmus Mundus grant and admission to the programme elapses on March 30th, 2017.