The European REGIOSTARS awards invite EU-funded projects, which demonstrate excellence and new approaches in regional development, to take part in a competition and win a paid media partnership worth €5,000.
REGIOSTARS is a yearly competition, organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy. It aims at identifying good practices in regional development and highlighting innovative, EU-funded projects, which could be attractive and inspiring to other regions and project managers.
This year’s awards scheme encompasses five different thematic topics:
- SMART Europe: Increasing the competitiveness of local businesses in a digital world
- GREEN Europe: Green and resilient communities in urban and rural setting
- FAIR Europe: Fostering inclusion and anti-discrimination
- URBAN Europe: Promoting green, sustainable and circular food systems in functional urban areas
- TOPIC OF THE YEAR: Enhancing green mobility in the regions: European Year of Rail 2021
Applications must be submitted by the project manager with the endorsement of the managing authority, which provided EU funding (European regional development fund, Cohesion fund, European Social Fund, Pre-accession instrument or European Neighbourhood Instrument).
The finalists will be invited to training sessions on communication as part of the European Week of Regions and Cities in October. The winners in the five categories and the winner of the public choice will receive their awards at the REGIOSTARS ceremony, which will take place in Dubrovnik, Croatia, in December 2021.The winners of the five categories will also get a paid media partnership worth €5,000.
The online application platform is open from 9 February until 9 May 2021.
Find out more