The European Training Foundation (ETF) has extended the deadline for its call for examples of good practice on the role of skills in empowering the green transition, which will provide ideas and inspiration for education and training policy-makers and practitioners in the EU neighbourhood and beyond.
The call, entitled ‘Green transition: education, training and skills’,aims to collect stories about how education, training and skills development are supporting the shift towards sustainable, clean, carbon-neutral circular economies and societies.
Anyone with an interesting story to tell is invited to share it, for example success stories from:
- Enterprises, introducing green technologies and production processes, and developing the skills of their staff to apply them;
- Training providers, equipping teachers and trainers with up-to-date knowledge on environmental issues and green technologies;
- Industries and sectors, in introducing training standards or training courses developing green skills for industry;
- Public and private institutions, in developing environmental awareness programmes, in coordination between different ministries and public bodies;
- Public employment services, in matching jobs with training provision and raising awareness about green business opportunities;
- Schools that become greener;
- Public-private partnerships that work for green development.
The best stories will be showcased at a major international conference, organised jointly by the ETF and UNESCO on 21-25 June 2021.
Applications can be submitted up to 7 April 2021 in English, French or Russian.
Find out more