Supports the modernisation of higher education, creates opportunities for cooperation among actors in the field and enhances understanding
Countries covered: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine (East) Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, occupied Palestinian territory, Syria, Tunisia (South)
The Tempus programme supports the effort of the Partner Countries to modernize their higher education systems, and creates opportunities for cooperation among higher education actors of the EU and the Partner Countries, who work together on projects. It also enhances understanding between cultures, as it promotes a people-to-people approach and promotes convergence with EU developments in higher education, to encourage job creation and economic growth.
Actions in brief
- Supports the transition and modernisation processes in higher education in the partner countries;
- Facilitates Joint Projects working towards new curricula, teaching methods and materials;
- Promotes Structural Measures contributing to the reform of higher education systems and institutions;
- Advances convergence with EU developments, to promote job creation and economic growth;
- Cooperates with the Erasmus Mundus programme that funds higher education students and teaching staff mobility activities.